Updates (last edited April 2nd 2020)
Exciting News! Frome Valley Surgery will now be offering NHS Hearing checks.
If interested in booking a hearing check please get in contact with our reception team,
and if you are looking for more information follow the link below :
NHS Hearing Checks
Since early 2018 we have been running a new appointment system
We have worked towards a system that allows patients to access the right service at the right time, thank you for your support with the changes!
Why are we changing the appointment system?
Please click on the link below to view our poster on what is changing:
What is changing?
Please click on the link below to view information on feedback:
"Why does the receptionist need to ask what's wrong with me?"
The reception staff are members of the practice team and it has been agreed they should ask patients 'why they need to be seen'. Reception staff are trained to ask certain questions in order that you receive:
- The most appropriate medical care,
- From the most appropriate health professional,
- At the most appropriate time
Receptionists are asked to collect brief information from patients:
- To help prioritise house visits and phone calls
- To ensure that all patients receive the appropriate level of care
- To direct patients to see the nurse or other health professional rather than a doctor where appropriate
Reception staff, like all members of the team, are bound by confidentiality rules
- Any information given by you is treated strictly confidentially
- The Practice would take any breach of confidentiality very seriously and deal with accordingly
FVMC Newsletter Summer 2018
Some elements of your medical record are available to other services via Connecting Care.
Click on the link below for further information:
Did you know that every patient has a named GP?
Frome Valley Medical Centre is required to allocate all of our patients a Named GP for medical record purposes.
Patients can be rest assured that they are still welcome to book with any GP for a consultation.
If you would like to know who your named GP is, please feel free to ask a member of our Reception team.